Robert J. Adams & Associates
Beep! Beep! Parking Tickets And Chapter 7
Can you get rid of parking tickets in Chapter 7?
- Yes, if more than 3 years old
- This applies to red light tickets, too.
- License suspended for parking tickets and/or red light tickets: RESTORED
- Extra charges on tickets less than 3 years will be waived: pay only principal
- The city will work out a repayment plan for tickets less than 3 years old.
- You must complete the repayment program for tickets less than 3 years. Then the city will waive all fines, penalties, including boot and impound fees.
Chapter 13 still available if it works out best for you.
Can you convert a current Chapter 13 to get the benefit of the new law? Probably not. Because the 3 years back would be from the date of filing the Chapter 13.
Dismiss Chapter 13 and refile? Should work.
Call Robert J. Adams right away and end the nightmare of tickets.
Disclaimer: Posting on legal matters is for information purposes only and is not to be construed as legal advice.
For more information on Chapter 7, call today.